6.11.2005

Do robots dream of electric chocolate?

Just what I need -- a robot to tell me what I should be eating.

NEC System Technologies announced o­n the 9th that in cooperation with Mie University they have developed a personal robot capable of "tasting" foods. It is reportedly the first robot capable of judging tastes. The composition of foods is analyzed with an infrared sensor, and the robot will give advice about health and eating habits.

At least I'd never have to worry about poisoning it with new recipes.

2 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

I'm really looking forward to meeting another local food blogger, Mel! I'll be checking in regularly. See ya Wednesday night.

Laurie

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it Wednesday night. I work nights, and I'm pretty much never off on Wednesdays. Maybe some day I'll have vacation or something :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home